Grundium is a VC-funded EC Horizon 2020 SME Champion, manufacturing the world’s first smart and portable digital microscope scanner. Our mission is to break the biggest barrier in digital pathology and make professional medical services available to everyone. The scanner is sold globally, with fantastic reception in leading medical institutions, such as cancer centers, in North America and Europe.
We are now looking for a Software Developer to join our growing development team in Tampere. We are developing web-based, remote-usable digital microscopy devices and systems, which rely on cloud backend services. You will join the team developing the microscope of which cloud services are a critical part.
In this position your primary tasks are related to developing software into embedded system running in our digital microscope devices. You will be developing new software features and updates to state-of-the-art microscopy devices. We expect you to have some experience in C/C++, Linux, and embedded systems.
As a person, we are looking for someone who is team-oriented and social, as most of the tasks require close communication with the team. Ideally you have a degree completed in computer science or similar field, or you’re in the final stretch of graduating. You have some experience in embedded systems, and you are familiar with the latest techniques used in software engineering.
At Grundium you will contribute to medically significant devices. Your work will actually impact something very concrete and intriguing, making diagnosis faster and easier for medical professionals. In addition, your professional development is guaranteed as you join a team of experts with tens of years of experience in the field.
An ideal applicant should have:
- Experience and knowledge in embedded systems and applicable technologies
- Experience in C/C++ programming
- Relevant studies in computer science or similar field
- Fluent written and verbal English
We greatly value:
- Experience in image processing techniques
- Experience in SQL
- Fluent Finnish language skills
What we offer:
- Meaningful work developing an interesting product
- Support from Grundium’s interdisciplinary team of experts
- Competitive salary and incentives, for example above normal healthcare benefit, lunch and phone benefits, sport/culture vouchers and personal travel insurance
- Opportunity to steer your role towards your own preferences
Are you ready to do something important and real? Then be a part of Grundium’s team! Send your CV, cover letter and your earliest possible starting day with your salary request as soon as possible. If you have a GitHub-profile or programming samples, feel free to share them with us. Please convert your application documents into PDF-format.
We will go through the applications as received, so please apply as soon as possible.
For more information regarding the position and the recruitment process contact Kimmo Alanen (firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 581 6867).