High Image Resolution
The Ocus®40 is a small, powerful and versatile microscope scanner, optimal for applications requiring high magnification with excellent image quality. The Ocus®40 comes with a comparable magnification of 40x. Cellular pathology as well as liquids and smears are prime territory of the Ocus®40.
Big Versatility In A Small Device
Because of its small footprint, just 18 x 18 x 19 cm (ca. 8 x 8 x 8”), the Ocus®40 can find a space in any corner of a desk in any lab. The browser-based user interface of the Ocus®40 is so simple and intuitive that anybody can be trained to use it in just 15 minutes. The high resolution, secure online connectivity and the intuitive user interface make the Ocus®40 suitable for a very wide range of applications.
Scan time of a 15x15mm sample is circa 180 seconds. From Grundium's browser-based user interface, the high-quality images can immediately be exported in JPG, SVS and TIFF formats and shared via email, uploaded to cloud services or exported an external USB drive – or all at once. In addition, the device can be used as a slide server, as it has an internal storage of 500 gigabytes and a secure remote access can be set up. Grundium also offers an API to integrate the Ocus® scanners to your own workflow. Read more about the API here.
Powerful Imaging Component
The Ocus®40 is designed to excel as the imaging component in a system of multiple laboratories. It enables digital pathology for clinics and labs with an outsourced pathology service, where images are created locally, but diagnosed remotely. Read this case study about how Zoetis, Techcyte and Grundium developed a system for vet clinics to scan and screen fecal samples with the help of AI, detecting parasites reliably in just 10 minutes!
The Ocus®40 is also an incredibly practical tool for second opinion and sharing scanned images online. Book a personal, non-binding and free of charge demo here.
- Fully suited for remote operation, enables seamless telepathology
- High versatility, suitable for a wide range of applications
- Very high image quality
- Continuous autofocus for each field of view
- Can be operated locally and remotely anywhere
- Easy to use, anybody can use it with 15 minutes of training
- Fits any workflow, supports all key file formats
- Pairs with any device with internet connection (computer, laptop, tablet)
- Robust design, very low maintenance
- Small size, travels anywhere in its own carry-on case
- Affordable, no recurring fees, no hidden costs
Ocus®40 is CE marked according to EU 2017/746 regulation for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) medical devices. In the USA, Grundium Ocus®40 is for research use only (RUO) and not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Pathology (cytology, fecal, blood, etc.)
- Clinical research
- AI diagnosis
- Marine sciences
- Environmental research
- Material sciences
- Numerical aperture: 0.75
- Resolution, microscope: 0.25 μm/pix
- Resolution, overview: 10 μm/pix
- Depth of field: 1 μm
- Focusing: Fully electronic
- Image sensor: 12 Mpix
- Slide capacity: 1
- Slide format: 75 x 25 mm
- Scan speed, 15 x 15 mm: ~3 mins
- Connectivity: 1 GigE, 802.11 ac WLAN
- Image formats: TIFF, SVS
- Storage: 500GB SSD
- W x D x H: 18x18x19 cm / 7x7x7,5 inches
- Weight: 3,5 kg | 7,7 lbs
- Illumination: Koehler LED